- We Believe the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16). It includes within it the only way of salvation. It will remain to the end of the world the supreme standard and final authority by which all matters of life and doctrine should be tested. (2 Ptr. 1:21; Prov. 30:5-6; Rom. 2:12; 1 Jn. 4:1)
- We believe that there is only one living and true God. He is the eternal, infinite Creator and supreme Ruler of heaven and earth. He is merciful, just, and loving and governs all things according to His sovereign will for His glory. He is inexpressibly glorious in holiness, and is worthy of all possible honour, confidence, and love. (Ps. 83:18; Rom. 1:20; Rev. 4:11; Mk. 12:30; Ex. 15:11)
- We believe that there is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mk. 1:9-11; Matt. 28:19; Jn. 10:30; Acts 5:3-4; Eph. 2:18; Rev. 1:4-5).
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious (one for all) and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years (John 1:1).
- We believe that all the human race is created in the image of God and that through the voluntary sin of Adam and Eve, we are all born in sin. As a result, all mankind are now sinners. Therefore, the human race is under just condemnation to eternal punishment without defence or excuse. (Gen. 1:27; Gen. 3:6-24; Rom. 5:12; Rom. 1:20; 3:19)
- We believe that the salvation of sinners is only by the grace of God through the work of Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Saviour of the world. Man can attain salvation by repenting and confessing of his sins, and accepting the free gift of salvation that God has prepared for man. By opening his heart to receive the Lordship of Jesus Christ in his life and accepting that the Blood of Jesus Christ the sinless lamb of God who died for his sins cleanses him of all his sins, man attains eternal salvation. (Jn 14:6; Eph. 2:5; Jn. 3:16; Phil. 2:6-7; 2 Cor. 5:21; Is. 53:4-5; Gal. 4:4-7) Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation (Titus 3:5).
- We believe that the invisible church is the communion of God’s people drawn from every tribe, language, people, and nation throughout all the ages. It is made visible in local churches, which are marked by the right preaching of God’s word and right administration of the sacraments. It is governed by the word of God, which teaches that its offices are Elders and Deacons whose qualifications, claims, and duties are defined most clearly in the Epistles to Timothy and Titus. The mission of the church is to be a corporate display of God’s glory to the world by preaching the gospel and making disciples. (Jn. 14:15; Acts 6:1-4; 1 Tim. 3; Titus 1; Matt. 28:18-20)
- We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion in water of a believer, into the name of the Father, and Son, and Holy Spirit; to show forth our faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Saviour. It symbolises our death to sin and resurrection to a new life and it is a response to the command of Christ. (Matt. 28:19; acts 8:12; Rom. 6:4; 1 Cor. 11:23-26; Luk. 22:14-20)